dr Anna AntonowiczWydział Nauk Humanistycznych - Instytut Literaturoznawstwa
Katedra Literatury i Kultury Angielskiej
Stanowisko: Adiunkt posiadający stopień naukowy dr
Wypromowane prace dyplomowe
- Female Anxieties of the American Generation X in "Sex and The City" (1998-2002) and "Friends" (1994-2000)
- Racism and Antihistorical Retribution in Quentin Tarantino’s ”Django Unchained” (2012) and ”Inglourious Basterds” (2009)
- Female Empowerment in "Alien" (1979-1997) and "Harry Potter" (2001-2011) Series
- Crime and Order - Inside Deviance and Values of the Criminal Underworld in "Top Boy" (2011-2019) and "Peaky Blinders" (2013-2019)
- The Power of Text and Its Reader - Representations of Fallacious Reception in Oscar Wilde's "The Picture of Dorian Gray" and Stephen King's "Misery"
- Madness of and in Modern Culture in Chuck Palahniuk's "Fight Club"
- From Hip Hop to Hip Pop – the Evolution of Hip Hop Cultural Image on the Examples of 2pac, 50cent and Lil Dicky
- Prince Philip: Challenging Class Hegemony and Masculine Superiority of the Royal Consort in "The Crown" (2016 - 2020)
- Royal Encounters with Modernity in "The Crown" (2016-2020)
- Bittersweet - Cultural Representations of Chocolate in "Chocolat" (2000) and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" (2005)
- Anarchy in the UK and the US - British and American Punk Revolt in Selected Iconic Punk Albums
- Totalitarian Utopia of the Future - Individual Freedom, Human Engineering and Social Order in "Equilibrium" (2002) and "The Giver" (2014)
- Patriarchal Fear, Racial Anxiety and Female Madness in Bram Stoker’s "Dracula" and Jean Rhys's "Wide Sargasso Sea"
- Interior Britishness - The Policy of Taste in "The Great Interior Design Challenge"
- "Us" Versus "Them" in Selected 9/11 Hollywood Films
- “You’ve Come a Long Way, Baby”: Notion of a Smoking Woman in Virginia Slims Advertising
- Gender and Feminism in Songs and the Public Image of Beyonce
- The System and Resistance - The Panopticon in "Watch Dogs 2"
- Biased Minds - FBI Perception of Race and Gender in "Mindhunter"
- Protecting and Challenging Gender Norms of Masculine Sexuality in "Boy Erased" by Joel Edgerton
- Depiction of Female Witches in "The Wizard of Oz" by Victor Fleming and "The Love Witch" by Anna Biller
- The Persistent Horror of Racism in the United States in Jordan Peele’s “Get Out”
- The Policy of High School Power and Hierarchy in Selected American Teen Movies
- Representation of Rave (Sub?)Culture in the Movie “Human Traffic”
- ‘Women Ranchers Rewriting Gender Roles.’ Changing the Femininity Paradigm in the TV Series “Heartland”
- The Image of the American Family in Selected 1960s Household Product TV Commercials
- The crisis of the American Dream in "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Feminism and sexism in selected American horror films
- The images of the woman in selected Revlon's advertising campaigns from the 1950s to 2010s
- Cultural representations of the forest in J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Lord of the Rings" and A. Sapkowski's "The Witcher"
- A new face of mythology - superhero myth in the comic books based on "The Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller
- The Notion of machine in "Blade Runner" (1982) by Ridley Scott and "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" (1968) by Philip K. Dick
- The notion of masculinity in selected American beer advertisements of the1980s
- Oppression against the individual in selected films of Ken Loach
- Queen Victoria – the representation of the royal woman and the female royal in the TV series "Victoria" (2016)
- Religion, postmodernism, desecration - religious controversies in Monty Python's 'Life of Brian' (1979)
- British skinheads- a subcultural representation in "This is England" (2006).
- Punk anti-authoritarianism in Sex Pistols' song lyrics
- Escapism in Baz Luhrmann’s “The Great Gatsby” (2013)
- An eye on the Maybelline woman of the 1950's and 2010's advertising campaigns
- Representation of Islam in Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion" (2006)
- The woman behind Harry Potter- gender representation in J.K. Rowling's biography by Sean Smith.
- Modernity and Monarchy as represented in "The Queen'' (2006) and ''The King's Speech" (2010)
- When off-culture becomes a mainstream product - a story of Rap music and Hip-hop subculture in America on examples of Eminem and 6LACK
- The Woman and the Royal in "Diana: Her True Story - In Her Own Words" by Andrew Morton
- "Bridget Jones" (1996) by Helen Fielding - the Victorian woman versus the modern woman
- Socio-cultural consequences of the First World War and the female characters of " Downton Abbey "
- Culture gap between British Muslim generations in "East is East" (1999) and "Ae Fond Kiss" (2004)
- The Black Question in the 1960s America on the basis of "The Help" (2011) and "The Butler" (2013)
- Sharia in the UK - analysis of popular and quality press discourse (2001-2016)
- A Question of Belonging to the Host Society: the Experience of Afro-Caribbean immigrants to Great Britain in David Dabydeen’s ‘Disappearance’ and Andrea Levy’s ‘Small Island’.
- Portrait of a modern woman in Adele's and Amy Winehouse's song lyrics.
- Cultural effects of globalization in 'My Son the Fanatic' (1997) and 'East is East' (1999)
- Class and Education in Postwar British Cinema.
- Between Tradition and Modernity - the Portrayal of Christmas in Selected Postwar British and American Christmas Films
- Adaptation and Appropriation of British Victorian Dress in Steampunk, Goth and Lolita Subcultural Fashion Styles.
- Place (and) Identity: Male Experience of the Capital City in “Faith, Hope and Love” by Llwyd Owen and “City of the Mind” by Penelope Lively
- Steampunk vs. Cyberpunk: Exploring Human-Machine Relations in "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" by Alan Moore and Kevin O'Neill and "Transmetropolitan" by Warren Ellis and Darick Robertson.
- Appropriating Folklore in Popular Fantasy Cinema: Folk Evil in Born of Hope, Stardust and Reign of Fire.
- Portrayal of the Armed Bobby in British Press after 9/11
- Cultural aspects of heroism in Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien
- Black Sabbath as the forefathers of heavy metal music and the related subculture
- British 'Civilising Mission' in India in "Kim" by Joseph Rudyard Kipling and "The siege of Krishnapur" by James Gordon Farrell
- The British policy of appeasement in the light of Neville Chamberlain's speeches, 1938-1939
- „Romantic love-in-marriage in Jane Austen’s ‘Sense and Sensibility’„
- Punk fashion of the 1970s: Vivienne Westwood and Malcolm McLaren’s rebellion against bourgeois culture.
- The portrayal of the Scots in "Filth" by Irvine Welsh.
- Women's right to education in "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Brontë.
- The Anti-authoritarian portrayal of the British culture and society in the song lyrics by Crass
- The question of social status in "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen
- The image of masculinity in Roger Waters' song lyrics.
- The transhumanist concept of humanity in "Accelerando" and "Glasshouse" by Charles Stross.
- Clash between Catholic Orthodoxy and Modernity in "How Can You Go?" by David Lodge
- Iron Maiden and the British Heavy Metal Subculture of the 1970s & 1980s
- Victorian scientific progress in "The Hound of the Baskervilles" by Conan Doyle