Practical English - lexis (ćwiczenia) - 2019/2020
dr Łukasz Borowiec
Faculty of Humanities - Instytut Językoznawstwa
Number of hours (week/semester):
Language of instruction:
C1 Development of English vocabulary on level C1
C2 Developing practical skills connected with collocation, phraseology, register etc.
C3 Developing skills and linguistic awareness which improves the level of using English in a wide range of contexts
Knowledge of English vocabulary at least at B2+ level; possessing practical skills for using the language with its socio-cultural features in mind.
Student\'s books for vocabulary learning
Tutor\'s own materials
Individual, pair-, group work, short discussions, exercises, tests (including reading comprehension)
Course content description
Classes are devoted to:
reading comprehension skills, doing vocabulary exercises of various types combined with short discussions and students\\\' own exercises, regular tests
The thematic scope of vocabulary includes:
- health issues, human body
- leisure activities
- money and the world of business
Forms of assessment
At the end of the course student should show significant progress in theoretical and practical knowledge concerning English vocabulary in a wide variery of contexts.
Required reading list
1. Ready for CAE by Roy Norris & Amanda French
2. Destination C1 & C2 Grammar and Vocabulary by M. Mann & S. Taylore-Knowles
3. Advanced Oxford Word Skills by Ruth Gairns & Stuart Redman
4. Grammar and Vocabulary for Cambridge Advanced and Proficiency (rozdziały dot. słownictwa). Richard Side, Guy Wellman.
5. CAE Pracitce Tests Plus New. Nick Kenny, Jacky Newbrook.
6. In Advance. Richard Side.
7. English Vocabulary in Use. Advanced. Michael McCarthy, Felicity O\\\'Dell.
8. Idioms Organiser. Jonathan Wright.
Field of study: English Studies
Course listing in the Schedule of Courses:
Year II - Semester 3
Number of ECTS credits: 4
Form of assessment: Grade