Corporate Identity Management (wykład) - 2018/2019
dr Kalina Grzesiuk
Faculty of Social Sciences - Instytut Ekonomii i Zarządzania
Number of hours (week/semester):
Language of instruction:
The main goal of the classes is to introduce students to the concept of Corporate identity and its management
English on a communicative level
Students know and understand the concept of Corporate Identity (K_W_02)
multimedia lecture, interactive lecture
Course content description
1. The idea of organizational identity (2h)
2. Main areas of corporate identity (2h)
3. Factors influencing organizational identity (2h)
4. Methods of corporate identity management (practical examples)(2h)
5. Effects of successful corporate identity management (2h)
6. The crises of CI and methods of dealing with it (2h)
7. Examples of selected companies\' identities (3h)
Forms of assessment
Required reading list
1. B. Olutajyo Otunbanjo, T.C. Melewar, Understanding the meaning of corporate identity: a conceptual and semiological approach, \"Corporate Communications: An International Journal\", 12 (2007), p. 414-432.
2. J.P. Cornelissen, W.J.L. Elving, Managing corporate identity: an integrative framework of dimentions and determinants, \"Corporate Communications: An International Journal\", 8 (2003), p. 114-120.
3. T.C. Melewat, E. Karaosmanoglu, Seven dimentions of corporate identity. A categorisation from the practitioners\' perspectives, \"European Journal of Marketing\", 40 (2006), p. 846-869.
4. R. Abratt, N. Kleyn, Corporate identity, corporate branding and corporate reputations: Reconciliation and integration, \"European Journal of Marketing\" 46.7/8 (2012), p. 1048-1063.
1. H. Stuart, Towards a definitive model of the corporate identity management process, \"Corporate Communications: An International Journal\", 4 (1999), p. 200-207.
2. J.E. Dutton, J.M. Dukerich, Keeping an eye on the mirror: image and identity in organizational adaptation, \"Academy of Management Journal”, 34 (1991), p. 517-554.
3. H. He, A.D. Brown, Organizational identity and organizational identification: A review of the literature and suggestions for future research, \"Group & Organization Management\" 38.1 (2013), p. 3-35.
Field of study: Management
Course listing in the Schedule of Courses:
Year I - Semester 1
Number of ECTS credits: 3
Form of assessment: Grade