Research Methods in Business and Management (wykład) - 2018/2019
dr hab. Paweł Kawalec
Faculty of Social Sciences - Instytut Ekonomii i Zarządzania
Number of hours (week/semester):
Language of instruction:
1. The course aims to increase student\'s acquaintance with the research process and its fundamental assumptions and frameworks.
2. The course will familiarize students with the most recent methodological approaches to interdisciplinary and mixed methods research designs.
General knowledge of methdology of research in the social sciences and knowledge of statistical data analysis.
1. Participant is familiar with the notion and prerequisits of research process.
2. Participant understands research cycle and research design.
3. Participant knows mixed methods approach to research design, metainference and validity.
1. Participant is able to accomplish literature review and critical reading.
2. Participant is able to carry on data collection and analysis.
3. Participant is able to prepare presentation of research results.
1. Participant can collaborate during research.
2. Participant can successfully communicate research results with peers.
multimedia presentation, discussion, group work, elements of traditional lecture
Course content description
1. Introduction to research in business and social sciences.
2. Introduction to Research Methodology.
3. Elements of research cycle.
4. Literature Review and Critical Reading.
5. Data and research designs.
6. Primary data collection
7. Secondary data collection
10. Qualitative data analysis
11. Descriptive quantiative data analysis
12. Correlation and Regression
13. Advanced analysis and mixed methods approach
14. Quality and verification
15. Writing and presenting
Forms of assessment
obecność na zajęciach, aktywność, opracowanie.
Required reading list
Adams J., Research methods for graduate business and social science students, SAGE Publications, New Delhi ; Response Books ; Thousand Oaks, Calif 2007.
Gill J., and Johnson P., Research methods for managers, Sage Publications, London ; Thousand Oaks, Calif 2002, 3rd ed.
Greener S., Business research methods.
Saunders M., Lewis P., and Thornhill A., Research methods for business students, Prentice Hall, New York 2009, 5th ed.
Sreejesh S., Mohapatra S., and Anusree M.R., Business Research Methods, Springer International Publishing, Cham 2014.
Trafford V., and Leshem S., Stepping stones to achieving your doctorate focusing on your viva from the start, Open University Press ; McGraw-Hill, Maidenhead; New York 2008.
Field of study: Management
Course listing in the Schedule of Courses:
Year II - Semester 3
Number of ECTS credits: 3
Form of assessment: Grade